English for Medicine
- Preparing for Medicine studies at university
- Building and Broadening your Medical English vocabulary
- Enhancing presentation and negotiation skills when using Medical English
- Increasing awareness of how to correct your own use of Medical English
- Improving your editing and drafting skills
Intensity and Duration
- 20 lessons (35 min) per week, in a small group setting
- The course can be enhanced in a bespoke form or combined with General EAL or English for Academic Purposes
- 2 - 7 weeks course, including boarding
- A non-residential online course is available upon request.
- Assessment: short progress tests and a portfolio of your work
- At the end of the course, you will receive a Kent College course certificate that indicates your completion of the course and your level
- Simultaneous preparation for Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) is available at an extra cost. This exam assesses the language skills required for university students and professionals in the workplace, both in the UK and further afield
- No specialised entry test needed
- The course is accessible to students with a B1 level of English (IELTS Band 5) The level of English will be established via a written test and a Skype interview
- Learn in the convenience of your own home. We are delighted to be able to offer online lessons with our highly qualified and experienced EAL teachers.
- Please contact us directly to discuss how we can bespoke lessons for you. We can be flexible about teaching times during the day and the length of lessons required.
- We are also able to accommodate a variety of students who are at different stages of learning English. The best way to find out what the best course is for you is to contact us directly for a chat.
- 1:1 hourly tuition
- £60 for intensive general English (B1 and higher)
- £65 for specialist English courses (B1+ and higher)
If you would like to get your child started on their EXKCEL journey, click below to begin the application process.